Home and School Board
Home and School
The Home and School Board is comprised of parents/guardians of current St. Stephens students. The board meets the second Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m. in the family center. The goals of the Home and School Board include the following:
- To advance student welfare through the coordinated efforts of parents/guardians, teachers and students
- To enhance communication between and among parents/guardians, students, faculty and administration
- To promote an interest in education and an understanding of the mutual responsibilities of parents and teachers in education
- To encourage standards of Christian living
- To provide financial assistance for special projects, educational media, activities and events for the benefit of the school
The board is made up of committees designated for a specific purpose in the school. Below is a little glimpse into our work:
Christian Services is a committee charged with enhancing the Christian spirit throughout the building. They are in charge of the Haiti t-shirts—an outward sign of our financial and prayer support of our sister parish in Haiti—and Christmas Families—we work with local agencies to support families in need with gifts or donations to the families directly or to the agencies that support them.
In addition, they bring extra spiritual attention to our hallways and special services—like the Seder Meal held each year at the beginning of Passover to acknowledge Jesus’ Jewish heritage and enrich our Easter celebration.
Outreach provides community building activities several times a year that are an opportunity for us all to come together. These events are Breakfast with Santa, Santa's Secret Shop, Carnival, Madden Track and Field Day, and the 4th of July Parade.